Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Review of 7 Days in Utopia

     A movie about a golfer from Waco, Texas who has gone pro and stars in his first PGA tournament, but loses his temper on the 18th hole. He ends up making his way into a small town in west Texas called Utopia with a population of just over 300 people. A former PGA player has made his home there and tells Luke (the pro) to give him 7 days to fix his play style.
     This movie was a refreshing movie to watch because it seemed really calm throughout the whole thing. There wasn't really that much conflict and it made you fell connected to the characters. It was especially interesting for me to watch it because they actual filmed the movie on location in Utopia, Texas which I have visited so almost everywhere they filmed, I could say, "Hey, I've been there!" and it was quite easy to name almost every place because you could jog from one town limit to the other in about 15-20 minutes.
      Personal experience aside, the movie was really interesting and cast a new light on a small town in west Texas. I recommend it highly.
~Dalton Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment